Monday, February 8, 2010

Are Curfews a good idea?

Read the case study on pages 108 and 109.

What arguments to people give to support their ideas about curfews?

60 comments:

  1. Tobias8.2.10

    I think it is already against the law to do the crimes that gangs do, so we should not just allow our children to be out at night that simply get crimilized and fined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tobias8.2.10

    What do you guys think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. jordan8.2.10

    i agree with the veiw points. for VP 3, i
    agee with that person, because some teens really aren't bad kids. plus, 4pm is an early
    cerfew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tobias8.2.10

    Your're right Jordon it is early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie8.2.10

    viewpoint 2
    I think that a curfew like the one we were talking about is a great idea. I think that the curfew is a good idea because then no kid or teen could get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carlie8.2.10

    I agree with with the view points, it is a good idia to have a curfew, I have one accully have my own curfew, it is I have to be inside by 6 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tobias8.2.10

    I don't agree with Angela, kids are already protected by the law at night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. samantha8.2.10

    viewpoint 3: I think the guy is right because some teens can be bad but that doesn't meen that we should lock them up we should just punish them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. jordan8.2.10

    you're right tobias. i agree with you. i agree with the curfew of 10:30. at that
    time, crazy,drunk people come out, and can
    hurt you. think of curbing for instance. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. samantha8.2.10

    Your right angila because I don't want anybody to get curbed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tobias8.2.10

    Jordan, do you agree with Angela and Carlie?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carlie8.2.10

    your right Jordan, and you to Angela. It is early but is is a good idia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Samantha8.2.10

    I totally agree with u Tobias + Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tobias8.2.10

    Oh so you are on our side Samantha?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Samantha8.2.10

    Angela, I think the one that u read was sooooooo true because that does happen to a lot of people and I would not want that to happen to me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carlie8.2.10

    I hope curbing gets stoped, because it is really scary

    ReplyDelete
  17. jordan8.2.10

    view point 5 is a little harsh. i mean, some
    kids don't do anything. like after dinner, i like to walk my dogs at the park. so just for doing that, my parents could get fined and i could be crimanalized!?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Samantha8.2.10

    I agree with u Carlie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tobias8.2.10

    I wonder... would it help to keep the curfew but change the time a little bit?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Samantha8.2.10

    duh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. jordan8.2.10

    that would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Carlie8.2.10

    I think they should change it to 11 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tobias8.2.10

    I am view point 5 Jordan, are you against me!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tobias8.2.10

    They should cahange it to 1 am to 6 am again!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Samantha8.2.10

    Well I think that the time is perfect because that is the time that kids under the age of 13 should be in the house by unless their in their backyard with their friends. So the time is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Samantha8.2.10

    Why do u agree with it because it's not like it's going to stop vandalism?? Angela??

    ReplyDelete
  27. Angie8.2.10

    To viewpoint 1
    Why do you want to go out so late?

    ReplyDelete
  28. jordan8.2.10

    yes tobias.unless we are caught vandilizing, we should not have to be fined

    ReplyDelete
  29. Tobias8.2.10

    THE TIME IS NOT PERFECT!!!!!
    Samantha, think about your inner kid. DO YOU WANT THE CURFEW TO KEEP YOU FROM FUN??????

    ReplyDelete
  30. Carlie8.2.10

    I think they should change it to 10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m.
    this was for Sam and tobias

    ReplyDelete
  31. jordan8.2.10

    you are right angie. why would any one go out that late?

    ReplyDelete
  32. carlie8.2.10

    Change it to 10:30 to 7

    ReplyDelete
  33. samantha8.2.10

    No but I don't want anything bad to happen to me or other kids. Would you?? Like what would u do if when u are a parent and something happened to ur kid??

    ReplyDelete
  34. Tobias8.2.10

    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CARLIE THAT IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Carlie8.2.10

    I don't want anything bad happing to me ither

    ReplyDelete
  36. Tobias8.2.10

    I AM NOT A PARENT SO HOW SHOULD I KNOW SAMANTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. jordan8.2.10

    tobias, what are you talking about?! do you
    want to be kept from your inner PAIN?!
    (think CURBING!)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Angie8.2.10

    I don't want anythig bad happening to me.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Carlie8.2.10

    I agree with JP

    ReplyDelete
  40. Samantha8.2.10

    When you are Tobias.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Carlie8.2.10

    and angie

    ReplyDelete
  42. Tobias8.2.10

    I NEVER LEAVE MY HOSE PAST 7 SO ONCE AGAIN, HOW SHOULD I KNOW MY "INNER PAIN" CARLIE!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Carlie8.2.10

    huuuuuuuuuuh

    ReplyDelete
  44. jordan8.2.10

    i think cufew is a good idea. it can keep you
    safe, but i still don't agree with you tobias.
    veiwpoint 5 wise anway

    ReplyDelete
  45. Tobias8.2.10

    I think kids should be allowed some rights atleast.

    (I'm finally coming down)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Tobias8.2.10

    START TALKING NOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Conner8.2.10

    I agree with curfuu because people could DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR GET HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Tobias8.2.10

    I think it is already against the law to do the crimes that gangs do, so we should not just allow our children to be out at night that simply get crimilized and fined.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Sophie8.2.10

    10:00 is really early on a weekend. what if you want to go to a friend's house?

    ReplyDelete
  50. Alexia8.2.10

    I disagree!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Angie8.2.10

    I agree with curfew because what Conner said.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Sophie8.2.10

    What if you want to see a movie in a cinema near your house and you can walk home? Do you have to spend the night ath the cinema?

    ReplyDelete
  53. Conner8.2.10

    10:10 IS a little early, i think it should be changed to 12:00

    ReplyDelete
  54. Tobias8.2.10

    I agree with Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Sophie8.2.10

    It's not like there are people outside every door waiting to curb you.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Tobias8.2.10

    I AGREE WITH CONNOR AND SOPHIE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Sophie8.2.10

    12:00 is a little late, you know>

    ReplyDelete
  58. cOOL mAN8.2.10

    NO ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Tobias8.2.10

    COME ON YOU GUYS IT"S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete